Thursday, March 20, 2008

I love . . . !

Okay, so I've had a bit of time to ponder on the things I love. Actually more than just a "bit" of time. If you remember the part about the three children three & under, husband, 2 daily loads of dishes & laundry, house cleaning, grocery shopping and on and on and on . . . Here I am a day later but finally with a rememberance of things I love. First & foremost I love being a wife & a mom. I love the smell of my husband or of my children just after bath. I love Charlie's embrace. I love the smell of fresh brewed coffee (but not the taste), I love cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. I love (and fear) the sight of my children after we've been strawberry picking. I love worshipful songs that bring you to your knees. I love the sound of my children praying or the "squabble" of "No I want mommy to brush my teeth." I love Emma's delight when I've washed her favorite dress or her "thank you mommy, dinner is delicious." I love the way Maggie smiles with her whole body or the moments when Nathan wraps his arms around my legs & says "I wove you mommy." I love Food Network & re-runs of the Gilmore Girls (although I'm pretty sure I"ve seen every episode ever made at least twice.) I love it when my husband is home, which is rare. I love a new coat of paint on the walls. I love moments such as these where I'm overwhelmed at the goodness of God in my life. Where I can just stop & remember what it is that I truly love. For just a moment I can focus on something other than the checkbook that needs to be balanced, laundry that needs to be folded & house to be cleaned.

No comments: