Thursday, February 5, 2009

5 down. 2 to go.

On the 27th of January we celebrated one more month down in the Charlie-coming-home countdown. One more month, amazing. Time is flying by for us & I do hope it is for Charlie too. There were so many projects & goals I had for this deployment that still haven't gotten done. Less tv, more reading; organizing every unorganized inch in my house; homeschooling; crafting . . . the list went on but my time hasn't. Now my goal is more realistic. If I can keep us all alive, fed & dressed by Charlie's return I will feel accomplished. Well, no not really but that's more due to my high standards & perfectionism than the lack of accomplishment. In the past month we've had 3 deaths in our families, found out we are moving to South Carolina this summer, had a teething baby, a potty training little boy & the realization that this is truly an amazing time in our children's lives, not to be taken for granted. And that I can't do it all alone; and that it's okay. During these chaotic times not only does the Lord give us grace for the season but he gives us helping hands, which we should use readily. And now I'm ready for a massage, a margarita & a week long nap.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

The best masseuse around is here in your (new) little town!

Barb, I am really proud of you! And I know it's hard to say goodbye to where you are at; but I'm very excited to see you headed my way!

(Won't it be funny to have you guys living on "your" island?)