I was inspired one day after hearing my girlfriend Alyssa describe pointalism. Pictures painted by a series of points, like the eraser on a pencil. That got the creative juices flowing & I began to think of what else the kids would like to paint with. One morning I gathered my table cloth, paints, the kids & scoured the kitchen for some good art-making tools. We painted, laughed & the kids enjoyed being allowed to play with their food. It was a great opportunity for them to learn creativity, not only in the painting but in the painting instruments used.
Cucumbers
And best of all, hands.
3 comments:
Cute! What a great idea! I was thinking of getting a tablecloth for projects and now I am going to do it for sure. What kind of paints are those?
I love the whole playing with food and paint, so creative. I have a vinyl tablecloth that I put down when we paint, use playdoh or moon sand. And we have a new rule that none of these things are to be done inside the house anymore. Moonsand is a nightmare! Fun to playwith but I am starting to think that the teensiest little grain can morph into another pile. I have been finding it in my dining room for 3 months now..out of nowhere...there it will be..stareing at me...laughing at me....I have used brooms, the vacuume, it will look like it is all gone, then....ugh
Karen, make clean up a game and let them use the hand vac to clean up the mess moon sand leaves. To them, they get to 'play' and suck up anything they can find, for you this means less foam you have to get later. I used to have a cow like you, but i realized their fun is more important than my spotless dining area. They will find those times with the vac more memorable than that foam and you will not be so stressed over minature pieces of vacuumable dirt! :O)
Post a Comment