Saturday, April 25, 2009
Welcome Home!
If you've read the last post, or spoken to me at all you know how behind I am in the world of blogging. But for good reason I tell you! After 7 long months, Charlie returned home 1 month ago today. This past month has been a whirlwind, I'm not even sure where the past month has gone to. And to be honest, I don't have many pictures. As much as I'd like to pursue photography, I wanted to take in all that I was seeing through more than the lens of a camera. The view finder doesn't capture the laughter, the "dada" coming from Maggie's bed at 6:30 a.m., or the "I love you Nathan", "I love you too daddy" exchanges. We've had picnics at the park, a day trip to Wilmington, a birthday trip for just Charlie & myself, canoening (at least that's what Emma calls it), & just plain old fashion being at home fun. We've been working on settling into a routine only to discover that we are definately due to leave Jacksonville around May 15th. The anxiety of moving & saying good-bye to dear friends has been overshadowed by the excitement our household has once again. Soon though, we will begin to embrace the upcoming change, allow the tears to fall in our good-byes & begin a new chapter. But for this moment I want to celebrate a blessed day, the day our hero came home.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
barb!! these pics are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! you have a gorgeous family hunni!!! i know u are living it up! :) have fun
What great homecoming pictures! Barb, your hair looks fabulous!
I love all the pictures, but I really like the look on Maggie's face in the first one. They are all getting so big! Especially Maggie!
Thanks guys! I have more pictures which I'll eventually post! Laurie, I'm so glad you like my hair, thanks! I can't believe how big the kids are getting, but you are right, especially Maggie. She's a walking, talking child, it's amazing!
Post a Comment