Wednesday, July 9, 2008
A step back in time
As I mentioned in previous post Charlie had more Det's than I had projects. Or so I thought. On his last Det inspiration struck. Charlie has had his mothers toys in a box in our garage for years. So for quite a while now I've been trying to figure out how to display Donna's amazing antique toys. Shadow boxes, shelves, crates, nothing seemed to fit the bill & then it hit me, what could say"antique" more than wooden spoons. I dug out my kitchen spoons, added some gingham ribbon & raffia & hoped to bring Charlie a smile with my handiwork. It seemed fitting to display the toys above Emma's kitchen in the breakfast nook, which seems to delight her. Nathan was suprisingly a bit aprehensive about the display, all he could say for the first few minutes were "Emma look, there are spankers on the wall." Once he realized though that the spoons were not for correction but rather decoration he was quite excited to see grandma's toys on the wall. Most importantly Charlie loved the tribute to his mom & of course how little I spent to create it!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it -perfect spot! What precious little treasures to have and enjoy!
So, does it help by having "spankers" displayed on the wall????? Because I am thinking of displaying "spankers" in every room of the house if it does! :)
Post a Comment