And finally the last post about our vacation . Erica, this one is for you, we walked away laughing hysterically & all I could get out was "this is sooooo an Erica moment!"
Occasionally I joke about us being rednecks, moments where I realize that despite the fact that I dressed my children today, everyone now is running around in a diaper. Or when the kids would rather run around outside in underwear than bathing suits. Or maybe even when we tell the kids we are going to go to Busch Gardens to see some animals & Emma ask if she can feed the cows like at Mike's Farm. But rarely do I really, truly deep down inside feel redneck. That was until we went to Manhattan Bagel on our vacation. I felt as if I was toting a rebel flag & a neon flashing sign announcing the hillbillies' arrival.
The drive into the parking lot was uneventful. But that's where it stops. We unload all the children; I take Maggie & Emma & Nathan are used to holding hands & then holding either mine or Charlie's hands. They grab dads hand & off they go where Emma falls into the restaurant as soon as we open the front door. No big deal, she's my daughter right, of course she's going to fall. I order breakfast for myself & the kids, all the while continuing to see that this place is so not kid friendly. It's time to put drinking out of a big boy/girl cup to the test. Oh dear. They are dressed in their nice going to Busch Gardens clothes which within 30 seconds now has been decorated with milk. That which they did not spill on themselves they spill on the floor. Dad saves the day & runs to the car to get juice boxes. Charlie purchases his breakfast & I begin to feed the kids, trying to "improvise, adapt & overcome" with my less than stellar kid friendly utensils. You must be thinking, "it's bagels, how can it be complicated?" Oh but trust me it was. Charlie gets his coffee & proceeds to the table but before he can he drops it & their very hot coffee goes everywhere. Did I mention everywhere? The "high falutin" cups were not insulated & he didn't see the bands to go around the cup so you can hold & drink without 2nd degree burns. We clean up the majority of the mess & at this point just want out so bad. Everyone is finally done eating, it took us forever to put back high chairs, gather children, diaper bags & get out the door. The door where Nathan manages to trip & fall, falling out onto the concrete walkway. Oh dear God, please make it stop!! At this point I'm dying laughing & so thankful to be headed out of there. As I'm sure the people who worked there were too. We must have acted like a law suit waiting to happen. Have you ever seen the episodes of 20/20 where the go under cover watching people falling & such to sue the establishment. I'm afraid that one day you are going to see our crazy family in Manhattan Bagel on that show! I believe I'm fasting Manhattan Bagel indefinitely!
No comments:
Post a Comment