Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Anniversary Honey!

I'm not even sure if you are able to check the blog while you are gone, but just in case this one is for you babe!

6 years ago last night I was sitting in the apartment with Erica, Shawn & Beth, having one last girls night before the "big day." We watched Father of the Bride, one of my all time favorite movies. I was a jumble of nerves, excitement & fear. Good fear, but fear none the less. 6 years ago today I married the man of my dreams.

Fast forward 6 years. You're gone (again!), this time to Indiana in preparation for a deployment (again!) I spent the wee hours of the morning consoling babies who are teething & little boys who "spit" (throw-up) as he calls it. After the first round of 3:30 am throwing up, sheet changing, bathing & re-dressing I spent the time reflecting on how much I love our family. I was a little to tired to reflect however at the 4:15 am repeat performance. I truly love our family. As crazy as our world is right now, there is very little I would change. I'm pretty sure you can guess what those things would be!

There's been alot to go on in our 6 years of marriage. 3 deployments, 3 babies (hmm, see a pattern here?!) purchasing our first home, moving, oh so much moving, laughing, crying, (I guess that one would be mostly me huh!?) sharing, praying & most importantly loving. You are truly an amazing man & I will probably spend our lifetime trying to find the words to convey that to you.

Thank you for a terrific 6 years we've had & thank you for the many more to come.

I love you!
p.s. Happy Fathers Day too!

No comments: