You may have noticed my numerous quotes from Story People recently. It's almost an addiction. If you don't know what Story People is it's this couple who creates art, but not just any art, hilarious art. Truly funny things. But you have to have "that" kind of sense of humor. Not everyone gets it. It's often times dry & sarcastic, but always hilarious. There is nothing less fun than watching someone read a Story People only to have them turn & look at you with a "I don't get it, but your laughing so I should laugh too" look on their face, while you are indeed roaring at the genious of it all.
I've subscribed to their "Story People of the Day" & am always excited to see what awaits me in my inbox. This was todays . . .
I saw Jacques Cousteau at the grocery store in L.A. once & I watched to see what he would buy, but he only got corn chips & some shoelaces & I don't know what I expected, but I would've settled for a can of chunk light tuna even.
Some of you may be scratching your heads. Some of you may be laughing right along with me. I hope it's the latter for everyone! You can check out their website at http://www.storypeople.com/ Go & enjoy a great laugh.
2 comments:
You know which person I am!! I remember the first time we met each other and realized we both liked story people. I had a piece of art that Rafe had given me for an anniversary present that was hilarious, and I was trying to explain it to you .... ONLY YOU ALREADY GOT IT!!! And you had some on your own wall! Out of all the crazy people in the world, you are the only one I've found so far that already knew about them.
That's the moment I knew we would be good friends. :) Thanks for reminding me again of that wonderful 'aha!' moment.
I still try not to yell ;)
Laurie,
My kindred spirit, I was thinking of you when I wrote this. Because you are pretty much one of the only people too who likes it. I was reciting the Jacques Costeau to Charlie & he had "that" look on his face. He didn't think it was funny. I think those people just don't really know what funny is! :)
Post a Comment