Friday, June 27, 2008
A little girls heartache
I am at an absolute loss. I have this beautiful little girl whose heart I believe is hurting. She's really struggling with Charlie's crazy schedule & it's showing. She ask each of us daily "if Daddy is coming home today" & recently asked him if he would stop flying helicopters so he could be home with her more. I've tried to be very careful & find that balance of avoiding the word "miss" when he's gone while acknowleding her feelings at the same time. She's a spunky and incredibly bright 3 1/2 year old who feels more in her heart than she has words for. Last night while Charlie & I were at the pre-deployment brief & the kids were home with the sitter she started crying unprovked & ran out the front door - TWICE! She has never done that before. She's feeling insecure & as her mother it breaks my heart. I am at an absolute loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think its harder on the kids than it is on us. Years from now I can hope only that it makes all of us stronger individuals. These young years are the hard ones though. I'll be thinking of you and your kids in the upcoming time for your separation, and I pray that the kids adapt as well as they can.
Barb - Hi there! Thank you so much for "stumbling" on my blog via Dan & Christy. It was so encouraging to hear your comments on my blog. I agree - we live pretty similar lives based on reading yours! I am so sorry to hear that your little girl is struggling w/ Charlie's schedule. My husband also works crazy hours and schedules (although no where near as crazy as your) and it is really hard on the kids. They never know if he is coming or going and if he is sleeping or not (which totally sets the "tone" of the household, ya know. When does he deploy again? I will keep you all in my prayers! I would love to keep in touch via blogdome...and would ya tell Christy to get back on her blog - we miss the updates way over here on the left coast! Nice to "meet" you, maybe one day in person! God bless you today. Love, Leah
Post a Comment