Sunday, November 23, 2008

Where are you mommy?

As Emma & I spent some time looking through pictures recently, she asked where I was in all the pictures. I had to laugh. I'm hardly in any of them. I explained to her that I was behind the camera. And then I realized that I don't always want to be behind the camera. Now dont' get me wrong. I hate having my picture taken. I keep thinking if I finally lose that 20 or 30 lbs I won't mind so much. But in the meantime I have no preserved memories with the kids. In twenty years I want to visibly see the journey I was on as a mother with my family. I want to look back & remember those happy times with something more than what just Charlie & the kids were doing. I don't always want to remember oh yes, I was behind the camera, or I was in the kitchen cooking while they played or all the other things mothers engross themselves in while sometimes forgetting what's around them. I'm being stretched.Ouch. I don't really like it. I guess the phrase "No pain, no gain!" just isn't relating to exercise. It's all the matters of life that are outside our comfort zone. So my goal is to start allowing my picture to be taken more. Here is to being stretched.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my gosh! Do you have Sara Palin glasses? Or does she have Barb P's glasses????? You are a trend setter you know! You look great as usual, you nut!!!

Barb said...

lol thanks! my glasses dont' really look like hers only the rimless bottoms. That's about it. I sure do love her glasses though. Having kids in your lap helps to hide the gut!! :)