For the past couple of weeks I've been taking Emma with me into Sunday morning service at church. Service last approximately 2 hours & I'm so incredibly proud of how she does. This morning I gave her the rare opportunity to choose if she wanted to go with me to service or if she wanted to go to her new 4 year old sunday school class. This is the conversation that transpired:
Emma: Mommy, I want to go to my class today.
Me: Okay Emma that's fine.
E: Mommy, will Bo's (pastor's grandson &her classmate) grandpa eat me?
M: Emma, what, will he eat you?
E: Yes, will Bo's grandpa eat me?
M: Are you saying eat you?
E: Yes will he bite me?
M: No Emma, why would you think that he would bite you?
E: Because last time he talked about how he was going to spit me out of his mouth.
This is where I die laughing because I finally realize what in the world she's talking about. Last week Pastor quoted the scripture from Revelation that talks about how God will spit the lukewarm out of his mouth. So in attempt to explain I try to tell her what pastor was teaching about. How if we don't love God with all of our hearts He will spit us out of his mouth. This only seems to heighten the anxiety & she now very adamantly wants to go to her class so no one will spit her out. I am only laughing harder at this point. So I finally just tell her that he didn't mean her. She looked at me & said "is he talking about you?" I said "yes he is." She finally was pleased with that answer & said "okay mommy then I want to go to church with you."
No comments:
Post a Comment