Monday, October 20, 2008

Bites of fall

We are finally getting back into our normal routine & this morning began our first homeschooling session since our vacation. One of our projects this morning was to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Oh my, they are sinfully good & most importantly the kids had tons of fun baking. They dumped ingredients, mixed, learned about why we use certain ingredients & measuring. They then followed up class with an indulgence in these very yummy cookies. Below you will find the recipe if you would like to try them too.


Pumpkin Chocolate-Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

  • 1 can pumpkin
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 c. oil
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. milk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 - 12 oz. bag of Chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together as listed. Let the children stir by turns between each addition. Drop spoonfuls on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Let cool on waxed paper.

I used milk chocolate chips this time, which were delicious. Since I am such a huge fan of dark chocolate I think I'll try that next go around. The cookies are almost pumpkin bread like, not at all hard & crunchy. With the mix of pumpkin & cinnamon it was like eating a bite of fall.


1 comment:

Staci said...

That is so funny, I did baking today with Payton!