Sunday, September 28, 2008

1 down. 6 to go.

Well we are officially past the one month mark into Charlie's deployment. Only one day past but still past! Email communication has been great. We've actually gotten to speak about 3 times on the phone, twice more than I had anticipated. Charlie seems to be doing well floating around in who knows where. No really, who does know where because I'm really not sure? The kids seem to be adjusting well & I'm staying busy enough to be doing okay too. We are still in Florida with another week of wonderful vacation before we return home to the reality of an empty house. Once at home we'll get back into things full swing between MOPS, church, homeschool & our normal everyday busyness. So I'm hoping there won't be a major post-vacation meltdown with all the quiet. But how quiet does our house really get after all?! All of that to say 1 month down 6 more to go.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Congrats! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your vacation and that you have been able to talk to Charlie. I will pray for you as you return to your empty house, I know how lonely it can be when toddlers are your most engaging conversation for weeks on end!
Your homeschool curriculum sounds awesome. We are going to be homeschooling as well...we are also doing 3 days per week, but don't have quite the same structured curriculum. I picked up a couple of cute preschool "workbooks" and I pull pages out of them according to the concept we need to work on. I do have some christian preschool books as well. I figure I'll get something more formal next year when Nicole starts "kindergarten."

Safe travels home and blessings to you guys!

Love, Leah (Christy Kaiser's sis-in-law)

PS: Go give Christy a hug for me when you get home!