Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A hunting we will go

After seeing Nathan dressed up in his sisters princess clothes one to many times Charlie decided Nathan needed some Nathan & daddy, rough & tumble, testosterone filled play. He informed me he was in need of a toy shotgun to complete his mission. I wasn't thrilled since we had originally decided he wouldn't be allowed to play with guns but relented to my husbands wisdom. I then got to watch the most adorable scene unfold in our back yard. Charlie took Nathan dinosaur hunting. That's right, prehistoric, extinct dinoaurs.

First though, a lesson in gun safety. He walked Nathan through loading the gun, how we handle it when we are using it & what we do when we are done with it.

Then the hunt began. Charlie took Nathan around showing him "dinosaur" tracks so they could determine where he had run off to.

One shot, one kill. A proud little boy & his daddy & their first real catch.

2 comments:

kelli said...

oh so precious.
way to go dad!

Laurie said...

Barb, Thanks for the first real laugh I've had in weeks! That was sure genius on charlie's part. Everything is staged for loading the cars tomorrow (to evacuate from Hurricane Hanna) and I wanted to take a moment to say hello and thank you for your thoughts and prayers.