Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Roller coasters
I immensely dislike roller coasters. There are a very few I will ride but the majority of the time I don't care for them. I don't mind the speed, anyone who has driven with me, knows that! What I dislike are the free falls where I can't can't quite catch my breath or scream out loud; I don't like the sharp twist & turns that make me want to fight gravity & hold my head still causing a headache afterwards. I think what I like least is not having any control. I've decided life is like an amusement park roller coaster. The free falls of pack up & sell your house while your husband is deployed but please paitiently wait 6 months to find out where you will be going. Or the sharp twist of can we please not talk about deployment #4 when we haven't even started #3 yet? That is how life has felt like recently. But oddly enough, not in a bad way. In a I'm digging my nails into the hem of your robe & I can't let go Jesus, type way. Now don't get me wrong, I've had more than my fair share of moments of I don't want to play anymore followed by temper tantrums that if reenacted by my children would bring forth the rod. Some moments I feel as if I have received the rod, rightfully so, did you catch the part about the temper tantrums? But more often than not the Lord so graciously meets me, picks me up, dust me off & holds my hand as we continue this ride. Yesterday I was reading a scripture that I know by heart, but yesterday I seemed to have really learned it. Cast your anxiety on him for he cares for you 1 Peter 5:7. Anxiety about the house selling without us losing money, anxiety about where are we going next, do we sell the house now or do we wait until Charlie comes home and on, and on and on. According to His word, I can trade my anxiety for His wisdom. I'm thinking that's a pretty good deal. We'll put the house on the market in His timing with His wisdom, the house will sell in His timing, if we have to bring money to closing He will provide it, we will move in His timing. I can honestly say I'm not the least bit anxious over this. I can't tell you that my opinion about roller coasters has changed but my faith sure has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! How convicting. I am sorry that you have so much ahead of you, especially on the edge of a deployment. This is the time when you should be able to relax and enjoy one another. I will pray for you and for your house situation. Where are your possible duty stations?
PS: I LOVE roller coasters...the rickety rumbly twisty turny kind. Especially ones that go upside down. I DO NOT like living my like
Post a Comment