I mentioned in the last post I did a little bit of writing during Charlie's absence. This is one I enjoy reading when I need to remind myself of God's inability to fail. Again Enjoy . . .
Today is Valentine’s Day. For the longest time it was my favorite holiday. The hearts, the bursts of red & pink & a desire to be loved wholeheartedly, what could be more romantic than that? This year, as he was last year, my beloved is overseas in a sandy desert sans the hearts & speckling of smile inducing color. There will probably be no delivery man today holding an arrangement of my favorite tulips. No Godiva chocolate to hide from the children & slowly savor. Probably not even a phone call. Now that I’m loved wholeheartedly the economic version of Valentine’s Day seems unable to convey the feelings & love in my heart. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband whom I cherish, but on this deployment has blessed me with even more. The Lord has truly shown me daily how I’m loved wholeheartedly by Him. Which has always been quite an eluding concept for me to grasp. I knew He loved me but knowing it & walking it out in daily life has been two different things. We know the word says in 1 John 4:16 that God is Love. It seems interchangeable God & love, they are one in the same. You really can’t have one without the other. Keeping that in mind it causes us to see the Valentine’s day favorite, 1 Corinthians 13 in a whole new light. Let’s read the following verses, replacing love with God.
God is patient, God is kind.. .He is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
God never fails. So short & sweet but ringing loudly with truth & clarity. I miss my husband terribly but am so thankful for the opportunity for the Lord to speak in my life during this time. How much more can I love my husband, the people around me or even myself when I can begin to fully understand the depth of God’s tangible love for me. During this deployment & the ones to come, God never fails.
No comments:
Post a Comment