Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Stay with me forever
Just when I thought Emma had captured all of my heart, she does this . . . I will occasionally ask Emma, "will you stay with me forever," or "will you stay little forever?" She usually just laughs, shakes her head & says "no" with this look of, that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. It's been quite a while since I asked, seeing as she's never jumped on board with the question. Last night as Charlie & I were putting her to bed she so sweetly says to me in between kisses, "mommy, will you stay with me forever?" Be still my heart. What a precious & humbling moment. I'm just amazed. Earlier in the evening I was short with this kids & felt the need to repent & ask their forgiveness. So seriously she asks me, "mommy did you disobey Jesus?" Humbly, very humbly, I have to tell her yes I did because I was not patient & loving at that moment. So after all of my shortcomings & failures as a parent, to hear "will you stay with me forever?" just amazes me. Thank you God for such a treasured gift.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh, wow, Barb. thank you for sharing! precious.
Post a Comment