Friday, April 25, 2008
Still sick . . .
When I went to bed last night I thought that surely I had to wake up feeling better today than I did yesterday. Oh how wrong I could be. I actually think I feel worse. That might have something to do with the fact though that while I was dreaming or hallucinating (from the fever) I spent a good majority of the early morning trying to catch the butterflies that were flying over our bed. I knew how much better they would make me feel but they wouldn't let me catch them. Yes I realize how incredibly ridiculous that sounds. But at the moment I was convinced they were there. Needless to say I was still pretty tired when I woke up this morning. I managed to feed everyone breakfast & then off to moms room it was. Maggie played on the floor while Emma & Nathan watched more television. I curled up with the heating pad & napped for a bit. Our heating pad has this great safety mechanism for forgetful people like me, it will turn off for an extended period of time after 2 hours of use. Which is a great feature except when I am still trying to use it & it's the only thing bringing my aching back & muscles any relief. I finally managed to get the kids dressed, although I just realized I forgot to brush their teeth. We then headed outside where I sat in the lawn chair enjoying the warm sun while the kids played. Lunch followed outside play followed by yes, more television. They have watched more in the past two days than we normally let them watch in 2 weeks. I'm going to work on not feeling guilty though. It's my lifeline right now. Nathan got down from the lunch table only to ask "what are we going to watch now?" How I hated that. But not enough to keep them from watching Reading Rainbow & Curious George. Now everyone is sleeping & I'm trying to find the strength to go downstairs & cook the Ramen Noodles my dear neighbor Stephanie picked up for me. Ramen Noodles & Gatorade. She is a saint, Thanks again Stephanie. Charlie has to work until at least sundown tonight & has to go in for a full day tomorrow. I'm hoping Charlie will be able to swing something & come home early tomorrow. I'm now headed downstairs to the couch, still don't have enough energy to cook, not even Ramen Noodles. We'll see what the afternoon holds, although I'm pretty sure it will involve more television.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow... this sounds all too familiar. I had pneumonia in Feb (while Andy was out of town on business) and took a cough medicine that had me 100% convinced that there were snakes in my room. They had come through our ventilation system and were crawling next to my bed. I had to pee so bad - but refused to get out of bed and get a snake bite. (yeah... there were no snakes).
PS... I hope you feel better soon!
Barb, I hope you're feeling better! Kenna has the fever bug over here now...seems we can't get healthy in this house either! uhg.
Post a Comment