Monday, April 7, 2008

"I did it Mommy"

While I was preparing breakfast the other morning Emma excitedly ran into the kitchen yelling "I did it mommy." When your children are this age you don't know whether to get excited or prepare for the worst. I did it could mean anything from I dumped out the entire bottle of powder all by myself or I figured out how to make big bubbles in the bathroom sink and now there are blue bubbles everywhere to mastering a new & exciting skill. Thankfully on that day, it was the latter. Emma's excitement came from the fact that she made her bed all by herself. Emma & Nathan both have little chores to be accomplished each day but I hadn't worked on the bed yet, not wanting to overwhelm her. But to my amazement she made me incredibly proud by the beautiful job she did. And by the smile on her face you can see how proud she is of herself as well.




No comments: