Tuesday, April 29, 2008
My husband, my hero
After this weekend my husband deserves an induction into sainthood. As if he wasn't already my hero from all he does at work, he definately is after he blessed by socks off this weekend. Not only was he able to make it home by early afternoon on Friday but he didn't have to go to work on Saturday either. Which was a good thing or else Emma would have been in charge. I'm still pretty sick today, but was VERY sick still on Saturday. So Charlie spent the entire weekend taking care of the kids. I'd poke my head out of the room & assist at times, but he did most of it. He cooked, cleaned, changed poopy diapers, wiped snotty noses, quieted quarrels, went to the grocery store & the piece-de-resistance? He came home with flowers for me. After all of his hard work he thought flowers would brighten my day. How incredibly sweet is that? He was also sweet enough to drive me to a dr's appointment on Sunday while the sitter watched the kids. By Sunday I had already lost 4 lbs in 4 days and was in no shape to drive. The dr. said I have the flu & an upper respitory infection. I was given a shot of steriods but unfortunately no antibiotics. My fever broke right after the appointment & I immediately started feeling better. However, Charlie went back to work yesterday & I think I over did it. The good news though is today is day 6 & the dr said it should only last about 10 days. So hopefully we're on the other side of this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweetheart!!! What would we do without them!
Post a Comment