Thursday, April 24, 2008
Sick, sick, sick
I am sick. Very sick. Apparently I have caught what Maggie & Nathan had last week & earlier this week. I'm pretty sure that at some point last night I was hit by a Mac truck in my sleep because it feels that way today. Thankfully Charlie didn't have to be in until 2 this afternoon, allowing him to sleep in from a late night & still help me with lunch and referee the fighting. The kids have watched more television today than they are usually allowed in one week. The kids have been totally great about having a less than stellar mommy today. Nathan is still recovering so he wasn't his normal wide open self. Now that Maggie is feeling better, thanks to the antibiotics for her ear infection, she enjoys rolling around the living room floor, grabbing her feet when toys are out of reach & shrieking with delight. Emma walks around like a little mommy telling me maybe I should take some medicine & maybe she should pray for me. Except when I ask her if she wants to pray for me her response is "Mmm, maybe later." Who can't laugh at that? Charlie left right at nap time & thankfully 3 hour naps were taken today by everyone. I woke up thinking, man I feel so much better. That was until I stood up. I'm pretty sure my living room isn't supposed to spin. I managed to feed Maggie & drive everyone to McDonald's to pick up chicken nuggets, french fries, chechup (ketchup) & chocwate nilk (chocolate milk). As I drove the few miles into town I realized that driving the children was not one of my better ideas. I once actually entertained the thought of how nice it would be if I got pulled over, maybe the police officer could drive me home. Wouldn't it be great if there was a service you called like 1-800-pick-up-food. Okay so the phone number would need a bit of work seeing as it surpasses the normal 7 digit phone numbers. But how great would it be that I could call someone & have food delivered other than "Get the door, it's Dominos". Someone I could pay a nominal fee to instead of wishing I could be pulled over & driven home. What a great idea if I say so myself. To bad I'm to sick to do anything about by idea. So anyway, we made it home safely (by the grace of God), the kids ate & watched more television. Everyone is in bed & I'm praying that since the kids weren't up from naps until 5 pm that they will be able to fall asleep quickly. As for me, I've been in a vertical position for far to long now & am going to go lay down yet again. I'll watch CSI & think about who I can pitch my pick-up-food idea to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your idea! When we still lived here, I wanted to start that business. I even purchased a commercial refrigerator (the double glass door kind) for $200 - a bargain!! I named my business "Savory Sensations" (hence the blog name but Savory Solutions web address) and wanted to make healthy, affordable meals for military families with deployed spouses, special needs families and dietary restrictions that were new or short term. For example - just after giving birth, finding out you had diabetes or a heart condition for the first time and had to change your diet entirely. How overwhelming to do that when you have to change your whole lifestyle!! I thought I could help.
Since I live on base now, I am not sure what the regulations are for the base and for SC.
However, that being said, I could cook for you and the kids this weekend if you want! Just let me know. I hope you feel better.
Laurie,
Absolutely love the idea, if the base allows it you should definately do it! Charlie has to work tomorrow but I'm hoping he'll be able to get off early. I really appreciate the offer, how incredibly generous. I would just hate to infect anyone else with this. It's awful!!
Post a Comment